Netwatch is a collection of technologies and support services specifically designed to monitor, maintain and manage high performance server networks and related equipment. Netwatch comes in two flavors; Netwatch and Netwatch Unlimited.
Netwatch includes network device monitoring, alerting, event triggers and reporting. It is designed for clients who would like to manage their own network but need an external monitoring, mitigation and reporting technology.
Netwatch Unlimited is designed for clients who are looking to outsource some or all of their network management needs. Netwatch Unlimited includes all the features and technologies of basic Netwatch AND hands-on network personnel to troubleshoot, maintain, fix and recommend technical solutions to complex networking, performance, application and infrastructure related issues. Netwatch Unlimited can also include vendor relationship management, data center logistics, application management and more.
|NETWATCH STANDARD||NETWATCH UNLIMITED|
|Summary: If there is a problem, we will notify client about issue and possible resolution. Client can then determine if they wish to retain I2X to resolve issue.||Summary: If there is a problem, we will notify client about issue and possible resolution. Client can opt to have I2X resolve issue. No additional charges for this type of work.|
The basic architecture of Netwatch is Client Network / Probe Server / Central Server. Netwatch requires no agent install on the Client network. For Netwatch EC2, a secure channel is established via the EC2 backbone to a remotely managed Netwatch Probe Server (also on the Amazon EC2 network). The Netwatch Probe Server then transmits encrypted data to an off-network Netwatch Central Server.
A typical deployment includes:
- Installation of Netwatch Probe inline with client network via secure EC2 back-channel
- Enable SNMP and WMI services on Client servers
- Run initial network auto-discovery
- Configure Netwatch alerts, reports, triggers and notifications
- Establish and test proactive remote monitoring, network management and notification services
- Work closely with EC2 Operations Team and client to identify and resolve technical issues (short term and strategic)
- Provide remote support for client EC2 network
- Be available for ad-hoc support requests, special projects and installations
- Recommend technologies, infrastructure and vendors to optimize network and application performance, backup solutions, redundancy and scalability
- Vet new vendors for future growth
- Provide regular network status health reports
- Be available for meetings / conference calls as necessary
- Be on Instant Messenger during normal business hours
- On-call 24 X 7 for emergencies
- All service requests managed through I2X ticketing system at email@example.com
- 20% discount on hourly rates for ad-hoc requests and new projects